Innovation is often a direct result of good project management - teams find novel solutions and produce superior results (creativity), which can be implemented (innovation). Here are 5 tips for encouraging and supporting innovation in projects:
- Provide clear objectives, roles, responsibilities, and an overall plan to focus on creativity.
- Demonstrate value for new ideas: let them be heard and document them.
- Allow the team time and resources to explore new ideas, especially during planning.
- Provide small incentives and rewards for innovations.
- Listen to customers - they have ideas too.
Subscribe for Our Project Management Resources, Best Practices, and Tips
Confirm your subscription to receive an email with immediate download access to Project Manager's Resources, a valuable list of books and web sites.
Get the latest tips and updates sent directly to your inbox monthly.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.