These six tips will help you achieve success with teams and begin to form high performing teams:
- Know the team. Check-in frequently with everyone and schedule time for 1:1 meetings to learn more about each team member.
- Provide clarity. Teams work best when there is clarity of purpose, plan, and responsibilities. Let them know how they will be measured.
- Give acknowledgment, recognition, and promotional opportunities whenever earned and possible.
- Discourage silos. Encourage continuous learning, sharing, and transparency. Acknowledge or reward those most effectively sharing.
- Provide the right resources and remove roadblocks - this is your main responsibility throughout most of the project. Escalate when needed.
- Be a role model. Demonstrate how you want the team to be and act.
Want to learn more about how to integrate these practices into a project methodology? Check out our Micro Guide to the PROJECT Methodology.
Subscribe for Our Project Management Resources, Best Practices, and Tips
Confirm your subscription to receive an email with immediate download access to Project Manager's Resources, a valuable list of books and web sites.
Get the latest tips and updates sent directly to your inbox monthly.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.