Most Agile projects consist of one or more sprints. The Agile project manager can play an important role in aiding sprint planning. Here are 5 tips to be sure each sprint is as effective as possible.
- Begin with the end in mind: work with the business or product owner to set a theme or goal for each sprint to keep the team focused.
- Carefully prioritize: be sure every story for the sprint contributes value Check any previous estimates to make sure they are still valid.
- Perform a further break down: develop more detailed tasks for each story. Don't forget to include any other tasks such as configuration management and testing.
- Define done: this should go without saying for any Agile project, but is especially important for higher performance.
- Set task due dates: Be sure to include all tasks including testing and leave some contingency for overhead and fixing defects. Monitor tasks to be sure the due dates are met and remove any obstacles.
Subscribe for Our Project Management Resources, Best Practices, and Tips
Confirm your subscription to receive an email with immediate download access to Project Manager's Resources, a valuable list of books and web sites.
Get the latest tips and updates sent directly to your inbox monthly.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.