Whether you are a project manager or a business analyst, these five open-ended questions posed to the project sponsor and other senior executives can get you vital information you need for project success in a short amount of time:
- What does success look like to you? – Learn what is most valuable to manage the triple constraints appropriately.
- What are your biggest challenges and opportunities? – Confirm your project is solving the most critical problems.
- What happens if we don’t change or succeed? – Determine the importance of project success for future reference and communication plans.
- Who will be impacted, and to whom else should I speak? – Grow and confirm your stakeholder register, so no one important is missed.
- What else may impact the project? – Grow and confirm your risk register, so priority risks, especially those outside your project, are not missed.
Want to learn more about how to integrate these practices into a project methodology? Check out our Micro Guide to the PROJECT Methodology.
Subscribe for Our Project Management Resources, Best Practices, and Tips
Confirm your subscription to receive an email with immediate download access to Project Manager's Resources, a valuable list of books and web sites.
Get the latest tips and updates sent directly to your inbox monthly.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.