Project managers often have a tendency to "jump in" and do project work. Here are six reasons why you need to resist and delegate more:
- Your full-time job is managing the project - don't let other tasks get in the way
- Delegation is an opportunity for face-to-face communication with team members
- Delegated work is a growth opportunity for team members
- Delegation is a tool for reducing or leveling team work load
- Successfully completed delegations build team confidence
- Overall delegation strengthens the team and aids in building a succession plan
Want to learn more about how to integrate these practices into a project methodology? Check out our Micro Guide to the PROJECT Methodology.
Subscribe for Our Project Management Resources, Best Practices, and Tips
Confirm your subscription to receive an email with immediate download access to Project Manager's Resources, a valuable list of books and web sites.
Get the latest tips and updates sent directly to your inbox monthly.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.