Does the team put together the perfect plan with your facilitation? Even so, project execution is more than just checking progress and writing status reports. Here is where your leadership is most needed. These are some items for a project execution checklist to ensure you are leading:
- Manage team conflict. Stop negative conflict quickly and encourage collaboration for positive conflict (i.e. disagreements and discussions).
- Monitor for new risks and issues, as well as new communications needs, not covered by the communications plan.
- Lead problem solving and decision making, especially when plan corrective action is required. Help find optimal solutions.
- Seek future opportunities for the team. Engage those with free time to work on value-added tasks.
- Coach, mentor, and develop the team throughout.
- Manage time and meetings to keep the team focused.
Subscribe for Our Project Management Resources, Best Practices, and Tips
Confirm your subscription to receive an email with immediate download access to Project Manager's Resources, a valuable list of books and web sites.
Get the latest tips and updates sent directly to your inbox monthly.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.