If your projects feel like "herding cats" or constant "fire-fighting", you are not doing something right. Check these five items first to avoid project chaos:
- Define project success upfront with the project sponsor.
- Do sufficient planning and get team and stakeholder buy-in.
- Have a sound problem solving and decision-making process (and follow it).
- Have a strong project management methodology (and follow it).
- Have a lessons-learned process that integrates improvements into future projects.
Subscribe for Our Project Management Resources, Best Practices, and Tips
Confirm your subscription to receive an email with immediate download access to Project Manager's Resources, a valuable list of books and web sites.
Get the latest tips and updates sent directly to your inbox monthly.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.