5 Superior Stakeholder Questions for Project Leaders to Ask
Whether you are a project manager or a business analyst, these five open-ended questions posed to the project sponsor and other senior executives can get you vital information you need for project success in a short amount of time:
- What does success look like to you? – Learn what is most valuable to manage the triple constraints appropriately.
- What are your biggest challenges and opportunities? – Confirm your project is solving the most critical problems.
- What happens if we don’t change or succeed? – Determine the importance of project success for future reference and communication plans.
- Who will be impacted, and to whom else should I speak? – Grow and confirm your stakeholder register, so no one important is missed.
- What else may impact the project? – Grow and confirm your risk register, so priority risks, especially those outside your project, are not missed.