PM Tip, Week of 08 March 2020
Mar 08, 2020
5 Tips to Improve Your Agile Project Management
As Agile and iterative methods grow in popularity, it is easy for those with a solid project management background to work in a new environment. These 5 tips will help:
- Question traditional PM practices: everything you know still applies, but question how to tailor and improve past practices for the new environment.
- Use pictures over words: lighter Agile documentation benefits from images and diagrams more than written words. Make a conscious effort to use more images.
- Risk and schedule management are still relevant: make sure these are included in lighter versions: more diagrams and schedules map out sprints, rather than details. Use burndown charts to show progress. Re-examine risks when planning each sprint.
- Consider the user experience: customer involvement is critical. Don't lose sight of who needs to use the project.
- Always re-evaluate your process. Frequent retrospectives will enable continuous improvement of new and improved project management practices.